This dish immediately won me over. Beyond easy, it is equally terrific for a weeknight as a weekend meal. The fresh herbs paired perfectly with a grilled chop and the bean salad is equally as fresh with hints of lemon zest, green onions and olives! I used a grill pan, but these would work terrific on a grill this summer too.
Servings: 4; Approximately 328 calories per serving.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 4 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut loin pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 (15-ounce) cans unsalted cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 packed cup baby spinach leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 12 green olives, pitted and finely chopped (2 ounces)
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to high heat.
- Combine 2 teaspoons oil, vinegar, 2 tablespoons parsley, sage, vinegar, rosemary, and half of garlic on a large plate or serving platter; set aside.
- Sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and salt. Place pork on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes. Turn pork chops over; grill 3 minutes or until done. Transfer chops to serving platter; turn to coat in herb mixture.
- Combine lemon rind, juice, remaining 2 teaspoons oil, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Add beans, remaining garlic, spinach, green onions, and olives; stir to combine. Serve with pork chops. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley to garnish.
Compliments of Cooking Light Diet